Southern Water Build Over Agreement Fee

December 18, 2020

If you cannot safely answer any of the questions asked in our online questionnaire or in the questions above, or if you know you are not qualified, you need an approved construction agreement. On October 1, 2011, responsibility for private gravity and crosswalks, built prior to July 1, 2011 and communicated with public sewers, was transferred to sewerage companies such as Southern Water. The installation has increased by about 19,000 km the number of sewers and side sewers that are responsible for the water of the south. Many of the sewers and reorientation sewers had not been mapped, so their location and condition are unknown. In the absence of detailed information on the transferred pipes and cross-exits, it can be assumed that they will be present in the gardens and on the land to be built and that they will therefore probably be affected by the construction applications. Therefore, you must consider that any sewer system currently located on your property or discovered during your work is public equipment and southern water property, unless it can be proven otherwise. Most Build Overs don`t need a CCTV survey, so we can authorize it immediately. But if your channel is not-in-inland or above 160 mm (6″) In diameter, we order a CCTV survey before construction as soon as we agree with your project. Homeowners are responsible for water pipes that pass within the boundary of their property — they are called feeding pipes. I accept that this application does not authorize the extension provided for by planning or construction rules.

It is only when Southern Water Services has given written permission that no work should begin on site. I agree that for the purposes of the Water Industry Act 1991 and the Data Protection Act 1998, the information provided to this application and all accompanying documents may be kept, for all intents and purposes, electronic or other records, such as computer systems and their employees and agents, in connection with the company`s legal water and wastewater companies. The situation of these newly accepted sewers may not stop at the official “sewer map” and their position with respect to construction projects will be largely unknown. As a result, applicants are not informed of these sewers through the usual consultations with the sewer authority that take place when considering building permit or building permit proposals. We may need to do additional research for sewers larger than 375 mm in diameter. This may delay the authorization. Learn more about the process. The maps identify the location and size of known public pipes and the water pipe in the locality of the land or property. If the sewers involved require a diversion (do not replace existing pipes), you must apply for Section 185 to Southern Water Services: If you are building within three metres of a public channel or one metre of a public flow, you will need our permission before starting work. Within the southern part of the water, there are approximately 39,000 kilometres of public sewers, some of which have been moved within the boundaries of the land. As sewer manager, Southern Water is responsible for the maintenance of these pipes.

In order to comply with legislation relating to the management and diversion of public sewers, it is necessary that anyone wishing to develop land or expand their land be consulted with Southern Water to determine its requirements for the management of lateral effluents or sewers that may be affected by their construction proposals. Where a public sewer is to be built above it, it must be in good condition and in a permit material. (It must be able to withstand a jetting impression of 2700 psi, indicated in (MED 4006 , Southern Water Supplement to Sewer for adoption 7 th edition) You must apply for an approved agreement if: If you have a c